Between Fear and Love
Excerpt from the book THE VOICE OF THE ANCIENTS – An awakened memory
… A Grandfather, his son and his grandson were gazing at a spring morning on the sunny side of a hill, while delighting in the fruit they had just picked together. The breeze sang to the leaves of the centuries-old trees, accompanied by the murmur of a stream whispering a sweet melody to the soul and the heart. Life was speaking.
– “Grandfather, why are men afraid? Why do they behave this way in relationships? »,
the man’s son asked his Grandfather.
– “You know, child, many people are afraid of many things. Some are afraid of death, others are afraid of love, of loving, or of being loved. It is thus in Humanity”.
– “Afraid of loving and being loved?” Fear of death ? But how can this be, Grandfather? I love to love and be loved by my family, and even by strangers! »,
exclaimed the little boy.
The father spoke:
– “You know, son, behind these fears, there is suffering, and therefore the fear of suffering, and a cause for suffering. Men don’t always see it. And that is often what leads to conflict. Sometimes, some prefer to destroy, to cause suffering, and even to give up, or to reject. This is due to fears of suffering, of being themselves abandoned, destroyed or rejected”.
The Grandfather added:
– “Yes, son, you are right. And you know, child, when people are hurting, they can hurt, or even see the bad sides of a relationship, or even point out all the faults of others. It is a form of pain prevention. Thus, they think that if they are abandoned, they will suffer less. But it is an illusion, because in truth, they do not want to be abandoned, and they often suffer”.
– “But Grandfather, although I understand all this, why are they behaving like this?” Are they afraid of what is beautiful? Don’t they abandon themselves in the end?
– “Those are afraid of one thing, child: not to measure up to love. This is often due to a childhood where love was not manifested at the very first light of birth, when the child opens its eyes to this World. The first welcoming gestures and words of the parents are primordial, and often determine the whole future path of the child, as well as his links to others.
In this, understand that if the child is welcomed into a space where love is not manifested from the first moments, he could be afraid of love, afraid of not deserving it or of not being worthy of it. . So, some search for it eternally, and when they find it in a link to another, they don’t believe it, because they think they don’t deserve it. There is an omnipresent form of dissatisfaction. So they destroy. They neither honor nor welcome Life as it presents itself to them, in THE MANIFESTED FORM OF LOVE. They suffer a lot.”
The benevolent father looked at his son, while approving the wise Grandfather with a nod, which meant a lot.
– “Son, look at the wolf. If one of her children steps aside, she will take care of him all the more, while lovingly watching over the pack of wolf cubs. Through this, everyone grows in the same benevolence. The mother puts herself at the service of her children. It’s his instinct. And she does it because she’s not afraid to give. Look, Grandpa, he gave and taught me so much, that I grew up with that in my heart and mind. And so, I was able to offer you the love of a father, without fear”.
– “Father, Grandfather, I understand all these things about fear. I feel inside all the love that you were able to transmit to me and which infused and propagated in me. Some people are therefore driven by the fear of death, or of love. It’s all just pain. I feel one thing right now:
To live with the fear of love is to die to Life.
What can we do then? What can we say to these people to help them? »
The Grandfather, in a compassionate and gentle tone, replied in a calm and serene voice:
– “Child, you know, I am going towards the end of this life, and nevertheless, I am not afraid of any death, because it does not exist. We are reborn in other places. And so far, I have lived my life to the full without the fear of death entering my mind and my heart. When death comes to the door of some, fear is so present in their hearts that they pray to live again, and wishing that love would finally show itself. Yet, so many times love has manifested itself to them in different ways, and in many forms.
To these people, I would say to love, to welcome the people who love them, and the love that is offered to them, to feel worthy of this love, because we are here on earth to live love.
I would also tell them to love their life, and not to judge themselves. To ensure that all the things they do are in harmony with love. May they make all things beautiful, by seeing them beautiful and giving thanks to each moment for what is offered, and to each person who offers, to each person who passes through their life, to each friend, or even to strangers.
I would also tell them to give respect to each person, without placing themselves below or above them”.
The father, with a hand on his son’s shoulder, continued:
– “See these fruits that we shared this morning, this is also the LOVE MANIFESTED IN EVERYTHING. So, give thanks also for what is offered to you at each moment. Thank your Life. You can make the choice to give thanks, or not, but that is only in yourself, and not outside of you.
And then, know that sometimes beings, out of fear, manipulate each other in various ways. Sometimes by feelings, sometimes by sex, by money, by material things, and lots of other things. So, I would also say to those that it is essential not to abuse anyone, because the one who abuses will be abused in turn, and will go crazy, lose his mind, and will no longer see the love in his inner temple, nor outside when it is offered to him”.
– “Grandfather, father, you have just given me a great lesson on the fear of death and of love. It is inscribed in me, like the LAWS OF THE ETERNAL engraved in the rock. From this moment, I will be even more loving, and lovable for those who are afraid, without judging or condemning them. I understand and feel that all of this is within me, and that I am its temple. Nothing and no one can make this love that I carry, nor this TEMPLE that I AM, crumble, unless I authorize it.
At every moment, I will do so that my soul does not lose faith in Life, to have a better view of the World and to see the best in everyone. May my heart always love without fear. And even if fear presents itself to him, I will love this space of me who is afraid”.
The child grew up and became a man. He continued to be loving and lovable, without any specific goal or recipient. Those who crossed his path were impregnated with his energy, to the depths of their cells. It awakened in them their own love, residing in their temple from eternity. These sow seeds in turn. Then the seeds gave other seeds…
At every moment of life,
through each ordeal,
we die to ourselves,
to be reborn to ourselves.